A hen night is the perfect opportunity to celebrate a friend or loved one, show her what she means to you and wave her off as she journeys into her new life as a married woman. Hen parties are as individual as brides, and choosing how to spend this special day, evening or weekend can be great fun. Themed hen nights are taking Ireland by storm this year, and we’ve come up with a few fantastic suggestions for you to consider.
Planning A Hen Night
When you’re planning a hen night, the first thing to think about is the guest list. Naturally, this will affect your decisions about the type of celebration you arrange. For example, if several of the guests are mothers of very young babies or children, a weekend away may be impractical. Likewise, if you have twenty-five guests to accommodate, you are unlikely to make the same choices as if there are only five special ladies on the invite list. Once you’ve got a list of those your bride-to-be would like to attend, you can communicate with them and arrange all the little details. Organisation can be a nightmare, but remember to plan ahead and delegate wherever possible to make it an easier task.
If you decide to throw a themed hen party, you will, of course, want to delight the bride-to-be with something she loves. Taking the time to think about the options will help you to focus on the personality and hobbies of the hen in question, and to find the perfect theme for a party that she will remember forever. Think about what she likes to do, how she spends her spare time, her bucket list of dreams and even the foods and drinks she enjoys. All of these little clues will help you to create the perfect celebration, and our ideas below may help you to get started.
Hen Party Themes We Love:
- Hawaiian Hula Party. Most hens will be delighted by the chance to go totally tropical, and we love the idea of bringing a little sunshine to a hen party. Setting up a Hawaiian themed event can be great fun, and with our tropical decorations and a Hawaiian Hula Set for each guest, you’ll create the perfect Island atmosphere. You can opt for a barbecue or buffet style food, and serve a range of delicious cocktails to get you all in the mood for the party.
- Fitness fun. If your hen is a super fit exercise nut, she’ll love the chance to try an activity that will get her heart racing. Options such as entering a half marathon or tough mudder event together may sound fun, but you will need to think about all members of the group and whether there are alternative activities if some guest are unable or unwilling to join in. If you want to ensure that everyone can participate, you may find that a yoga class or even a mountain walk is more accessible, or you could challenge yourselves to a dance lesson or a pole dancing class to really get you moving. After your exertions, you could move on to a restaurant that continues with the healthy theme, enjoying a delicious meal that is raw, vegan, paleo or biodynamic, depending on the preferences of the hen and the rest of the group.
- Masquerade masks. If you’re looking for a twist to make a night out special, masquerade masks are a great way to bring an element
of fun and intrigue to your party. Whether you throw a masquerade party at home or don your masks for a night on the town, we know you’ll love our fabulous selection of masquerade masks designed for every occasion. We love the traditional feather masks and have a wonderful range of colours and designs, and our animal masks or the Forest Nymph Eyemask are also very special options. You can build on the mystery theme and keep your destination a secret from your hen if you wish, but it may be a good idea to chat with her beforehand about the sort of thing she’s hoping for!
- 1950s style. The 1950s is a great party theme, with fun and flattering dresses, great music and lots of options for food and entertainment. You could throw a Pink Ladies style party, with 50s style glasses and a 1950s Rockin Headband for every guest. Kit yourselves out in style and then head to a local pub with a jukebox for a fun night out, or book a jive lesson to bring the magic of the 1950s to life.
- City break. If your guest list is full of young, free and singles, or you’re a more mature crowd who do not have young dependents, a weekend city break can be a really special way to celebrate upcoming nuptials. For a hen party of this scale, it’s really important to think carefully about your budget, and about making the weekend truly memorable for everyone. Talk to your hen about where she would love to go – is there a special city she has always wanted to visit, or somewhere you have been together in the past? Think about the best ways to make the most of the trip, which could include a bus or boat tour of the city you choose, and note down the key points of interest that you mustn’t miss while you are visiting. Remember that some cities are much more expensive than others, and some, such as Barcelona, offer a combination of city life and relaxing on the beach, while others, like Venice or Amsterdam, offer culture and stunning waterways that are second to none.
- Pink party. Is your hen a fan of all things pink? Going for a simple theme such as a colour can help to tie all of your ideas together without having to adhere too closely to a specific inspiration. In the invites, make sure that you specify if you would like all of your guests to dress in pink, or perhaps in black with pink accessories, and grab all the pink decorations you need to transform your venue into a wonderland of pink.
- Hen party games night. A games night can be an excellent way to spend a hen night, and it’s not all about scrabble! We have a greatrange of hilarious party games designed especially for hen nights, and we know you’ll all have the time of your lives when you combine friends, fun and a super cocktail menu. You’ll love our Brides To Be Secrets Revealed game, where you can find out how well you really know your hen, and the naughty Willies and Ladders game will have you all giggling. Willy Beer Pong and Willy Hoopla are guaranteed to have you all laughing the night away, and with our Hen Dare Cards, you’re sure to end the night on a high!
Other favourite themes include the 1920s, celebrity women, hens in uniform and angelic hens.
So whether you’re looking for a unique and classy theme (check out our burlesque headband for inspiration!) or an x-rated evening of hilarity, we have everything you need to make your hen’s dream come true and ensure everyone has a fantastic night.
Hen Party Accessories
When you are planing a hen party for a girlfriend or relative, don’t forget that you can get all of the essentials from PartyWorld. Whether you’re searching for decorations, costumes or activity ideas, we’re on hand to help and will be happy to ensure that your celebration goes with a swing. All orders made before 3.30pm will receive next working day delivery, and you can enjoy free delivery when you spend €39 or more at PartyWorld.