A Hen Night to Remember Starts with Good Planning and the Best Hen Party Accessories
They say the devil is in the details, and if you’re planning a hen night, you definitely do not want to overlook any devilish details! If you have been put in charge of planning the bride-to-be’s big night before the big day, ordering the hen night t-shirts is just the beginning.
It’s the hen party accessories that give the girls such a great laugh, so don’t skimp on those hen party sashes and other bits and bobs. Take some time to talk to the bride-to-be you’re planning to make blush and plot with the other ladies about hen party ideas to make sure everyone has a great time.
Remember, this is the bride’s night. You may have responsibility for organizing it, but you don’t have to guess about what to do. Talk to the bride about hen party ideas, the guest list, where to go and more.
Here’s a handy guide to planning a hen night to help you focus and prioritize… and to help make sure you don’t forget any of the details such as hen party sashes or hen night t-shirts.
- You and the bride need to have a meeting to discuss all of your hen party ideas. The critical things to decide are
- The guest list. Does she want her sisters and a couple of close friends or most of the girls she went to school with?
- What is her dream hen party? Sashes and t-shirts in Temple Bar or a weekend away with the girls? Dinner and then a night out? A day at the spa followed by a meal in a hotel?
- Location. Near or far? A weekend break abroad or a mad night at the local?
- Theme. Spicy or sedate? Is she looking for a wild night out or a mild meet up with her mates? Whether she prefers naughty or nice, you can all have fun with a great theme such as cowgirls or superheroes. You can get some good ideas for themes at Partyworld.ie. Don’t forget to get some hen party sashes and other accessories that go with the theme as well as hen party gifts for the bride.
- Pick a date. Start with two or three dates that are okay with the bride, and then check them with the key people on the guest list. It might not be possible to find a date that works for everyone, but if the bride has only one sister and they are close, make sure the sister can make the date.
- Keep the lines of communication open, but don’t overwhelm her. The bride is juggling a million things – dress fittings, florists, menus, photographers, budgeting – in addition to her normal life. Make sure to listen to her, but don’t ask her to make decisions on every detail, such as the hen night t-shirts, unless she’s specifically asked to do so. She might want to pick out the hen party gifts for gift bags for all the girls and let you handle the hen party accessories such as sashes and novelties.
- Send out the invites and then follow up personally so you have a good idea who is really coming. If you are making goodie bags for the ladies, you’ll want to know how many hen party gifts to get for them. Make sure the guests know about the costs involved from the price range of the restaurant and bars to travel costs. When you follow up to confirm the guests, make sure to ask what size hen night t-shirts they want.
- Plan to meet up and travel together. Whether you are flying or taking the bus, the fun starts as soon as you all meet up. Make sure everyone knows when to be where, and remember to have a list of guests and their mobile numbers with you on the day.
- Keep organized. Whether you use a spreadsheet or handwritten lists, keep track of everything you need to look after from hen party ideas to accommodation and travel to hen party accessories. This is no ordinary girls’ night out you are planning!
- Let social media make it easier. If all the girls are on Facebook, you can actually set up a group where you can all chat about it and share links to www.partyworld.ie where you’ll find a wide selection of hen party sashes and novelties. You can also use the Facebook event feature to invite guests, although you’ll still want to confirm each one personally. Maybe the bride has a Pinterest account – you can easily set up a board with hen party ideas for her and the guests to check out.
Don’t Forget the Essential Hen Party Accessories and Supplies!
With so much to keep track of, it can be easy to overlook those devilish details. But take the time to stop and think about what is most essential for the hen night. Here’s a quick review of some basic hen night accessories you won’t want to be without.
The bigger your group is, the more important it is to be able to spot each other quickly. Not everyone will know each other, so matching hen night t-shirts or hen party sashes are not only fun but practical.
The more novel hen party accessories are not only a great laugh, but a nice ice breaker for everyone to get chatting with each other and anyone else they fancy. Why leave only the bride blushing when she can turn the tables with hilarious hen party gifts for her friends? Odds are the bride has some single friends along, as well as some who love a bit of harmless flirtation, and the right hen party accessories offer a fun way to start chatting.
Hen party accessories also serve as little souvenirs of the night, especially for the bride. If you are debating hen party gifts for the bride, a memento book is an inexpensive present she’ll enjoy looking at in years to come as she recalls the great night and dear friends.